The development, implementation and certification of a Road Safety Management System according to ISO 39001 by a company, proves its commitment to:
- Systematic identification and risks assessment due to the use of vehicles
- Reduction of road incidents and accidents
- Reduction of accidents consequences’ severity
- Minimization of operating costs by reducing:
- fuel consumption
- fines for unsafe driving
- Compliance with legal requirements
- Consolidation of the Road Safety concept, by all personnel – SAFETY CULTURE
- Customers and stakeholders’ satisfaction
- Improving the public image and reputation of the company.
The ISO 39001 standard can be applied to any company regardless of its size or type of activities. The application of the ISO 39001 standard by a company leads to relevant certification, following an audit carried out by a Certification Body. The Road Safety Management System can be developed in parallel or complement to other Management Systems, creating a Total Management System in terms of Quality, Environment, OSH, Information Security. etc.
For more information about Management Systems, see the “Information Material” section.